Register for the South Philly Family Health Walk and Meet Us at the Expo
a one mile walk down Broad Street sponsored by the Methodist Hospital Foundation and the Augustinian Defenders of the Rights of the Poor to support health education and care for underserved South Philadelphia.
Register as Walker
Annual Health Expo 2019
Jefferson Methodist Hospital
Broad Street Entrance
Saturday, June 1, 9 A.M. — 1 P.M.
FREE Health Screenings:
- Cholesterol and glucose (fasting recommended)
- Blood pressure and stroke
- Osteoporosis heel scans
- Mammograms for uninsured and underinsured women, (sponsored by the Linda Creed Foundation)
FREE Health Information and Consultations:
- Stop by our information booths for consultations with experts in their fields
- Nutrition counseling
- Diabetes education
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Primary care
Family Fun and More:
- Food and refreshments at no cost to attendees
- Cartoon character guests (Wonder Woman & Batman)
- Face painting
- Balloon twister
Registration is only required for mammogram screenings and osteoporosis heel scans.
Health Expo 2018
The rain held off and the community came out in force for the 2018 Annual Health Expo. Methodist Hospital volunteers offered free health screenings, including cholesterol and glucose, blood pressure and stroke, and osteoporosis.
For those uninsured and underinsured women, no cost mammomgrams were given, sponsored by the Linda Creed Foundation. More than 20 booths gave away vital health information including complimentary consultations with experts in nutrition, diabetes, OB-GYN and primary care.
And with food and family fun for the kids, including face painting, spiderman and wonder woman characters and balloon twister it was a day full of excitement for all.
2017 View / Download Photos